Join Quark Expeditions
for the quintessential Antarctic experience! This extended expedition offers 20 days of bliss for travelers interested in wildlife and nature. The trip offers a rare opportunity to experience three special environments: the remote Falkland Islands; the wildlife paradise of South Georgia (the Galapagos of the Poles); as well as the extraordinary beauty of the Antarctic Peninsula. You’ll experience a great diversity of environments
and landscapes, and have unprecedented wildlife viewing and photographic
opportunities.THE TRIP IN BRIEF
• Explore the world’s seventh continent on the Antarctic Peninsula by ship,
Zodiac and on foot.
• Learn about Antarctica’s unique geology, history and wildlife with an expert
team of lecturers.
• See the incredible wildlife of South Georgia, one of the most diverse
ecosystems on Earth. This includes more than 30 species of breeding birds,
including four species of Penguin.
• Follow in the footsteps of Sir Ernest Shackleton’s perilous voyages on South
Georgia and pause for a moment at his graveside.
• Explore the quaint, British town of Port Stanley in the Falkland Islands.
• On board lecturers and educational presentations from Polar Specialists.ITINERARY
Day 1: Arrive Ushuaia, Argentina
Day 2: Embarkation Day
Day 3: At Sea
Day 4-5: Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)
Day 6-7: At Sea
Day 8-10: South Georgia
Day 11-12: At Sea
Day 13-17: South Shetland Islands & Antarctic Peninsula
Day 18-19: Crossing the Drake
Day 20: Disembark in Ushuaia, ArgentinaTHE PRIZE
The prize is a 20 day/19 night Polar Expedition to the Falklands Islands,
South Georgian & Antarctica. A rare opportunity to experience three special
environments, each with its own unique wildlife, landscape and history. Take part in penguin field trips. Follow in Ernest Shackleton’s footsteps. Soak up the beauty of the Antarctic Peninsula. This expedition has it all.
Roundtrip travelling costs to Ushuaia, Argentina will be provided for one person
Approximate retail value: $30,000 - $35,000 USD
2013 Dates: TBC in 2012INCLUDED
• One night pre-expedition hotel accommodation with breakfast.
• Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping.
• All breakfasts, lunches and dinners on board throughout your voyage.
• All shore landings per the daily program.
• Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader.
• All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program.
• Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest
speakers as scheduled.
• Photographic Journal on DVD, documenting the voyage.
• A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings.
• An official Quark Expeditions parka to keep.
• Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock.
• Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin.
• Comprehensive pre-departure materials, including a map and an informative
• A group transfer upon disembarkation in Ushuaia from the ship to the local
• All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
• All luggage handling aboard ship.
• Emergency Evacuation Insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $100,000 per person.EXCLUDED
• Any airfare unless otherwise specified in the itinerary.
• Passport and visa expenses.
• Government arrival and departure taxes.
• Any meals ashore unless otherwise specified.
• Baggage, cancellation and medical travel insurance.
• Excess baggage charges.
• Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified.
• Telecommunications charges.
• The voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew.
For further information go to: www.quarkexpeditions.com
+1 416 645 8242.TAKE ME BACK TO THE PHOTO COMPETITION HOMEPAGE